Throughout the semesters, as I go through different cycles (subject/classes), one of the few things that teachers would ask on the 1st day to break the ice is,
"What specialization you are thinking of doing in the future?"
It's a very difficult question for me. Being a Neurosurgeon daughter makes me lean towards surgery of some sort but at the same time I don't want to spent my years in the cold O.T, going through other peoples inner organs, cutting them open, fixing them & stuffs like dat. I've brought up this topic with my dad few times before and I've talked bout O&G once or twice. The reason was that, a good friend once told me, as a women, isn't it good to be a specialist in a field that you are most familiar with? Isn't it good for a women to be treated by another woman? I mean, if I were a gynae patient, I would want a lady doctor to treat me too. Safe all the embarrassment ya? Haha... :P
Recently when I had my gynecology cycle, the surgeon that took our class asked us about our thoughts about specialization again. Most of my classmates answered surgery, pediatrician, or physician. Usually I would just bluff and say that I want to be a gynecologist to safe all the hassle, but of course I wont say that in front of a gynecologist in a gynecology class. The next thing I know, she might think that I'm soooo interested and make me answer all her questions the next day. :P
So, I took a turn. I said I wasn't sure yet. That I can't decide at this point. Its way too early to know. Her reply surprised me.
"I knew what I wanted to be since I was in 4th year of medical school. I wanted to be a gynecologist & here I am now", with her determined face.
I guess I should really give it some deep thoughts. Bout who & what I want to be in the future.
Obstetrics & gynecology, my future specialization?
Obstetrician, gynecologist maybe? We'll see... :)
susah nk nk predict kita mcm mana. sbb kita kena Ho 2 tahun.. dlm 2 thn tu mcm2 blh jadi.. ati .. konon nak jadi cardio..pastu neuro la plak.. a sicas ? nak suruh mr.husbnd to be gaji rm50k permonth.. saya nk goyang kaki,sambil pilih baju yg mana nk beli.. hahahhahaha...
ReplyDeleteAyat terakhir tu best! High 5! :P
ReplyDeleteTurn out you still love surgery after all 🤗 hope you get what what is good for you (hospital & department)
ReplyDelete